What many people don’t realize is that our skin is the largest organ of our body, and thus, preserving and maintain it reaps enormous benefits. Despite what our skin does for us, most people take poor care of their skin and as a result most people’s skin becomes badly damaged.
Over time people start to develop many skin damage that occurs from sun damage and poor wear and tear of the skin resulting in age spots, deep facial wrinkles, wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, crow’s feet, and laugh lines.
Also as we age and neglect the skin our skin begins to sag and droop and we have obtain acne scars, stretch marks and other blemishes on the skins.
To make the skin look younger and wrinkle free there are many techniques to remove wrinkle and get the skin to start looking better.
Here are the top 10 ways to improve the skin to look younger and diminish wrinkles.
1. Quit Smoking: People develop “smoker’s face” which is dull, grayish, dry skin with wrinkles around the eyes and the mouth.
One of the most important anti aging tips of all is to stop cigarettes and cigars. Smoking accelerates skin aging by encouraging the destruction of collagen and smoking reduces levels of collagen that are one of the principal reasons your skin ages so a smoker’s skin ages much faster. Aside from the skin smoking takes years off your life.
2. Protect Your Skin from the Sun: Getting a tan leads to aging, a process that produces deep wrinkles in leathery textured skin and will cause premature age spots.
Also using tanning salons is just as bad as it starts to turn the skin into a orange tint.
Both tanning salons and sun tanning outside have similar effects to the sun and are both damaging and harmful to the skin not only in appearances but in raising the likelihood of skin cancer.
3. Improve your diet: Try to eat as many antioxidant fresh vegetables, fruit and whole grains as possible. Oxidation reactions can produce free radicals, which start chain reactions that damage skin cells.
Antioxidants are reducing agents such as thiols, ascorbic acid or polyphenols that help repair the skin.
For younger looking skin make get plenty of vitamins C and vitamin E to help restore collagen in your skin. Omega 3’s maintain the structure and fluidity of cells and moisturize the skin from within – an essential part of your anti aging diet and are contained in fish oils.
4. Take Human Growth Hormone: If you have not been living under a rock than you must have heard able human growth hormone. HGH has been known to improve sports performance and increase muscle mass as demonstrated but so many athletes.
Along with sports performance HGH has been known to imprveo skin and diminish wrinkles as well.
5. Drink green tea: Drinking green tea studies show that taking enough green tea daily can protect you from all forms of cancer, build your resistance to heart disease and dementia and contribute to your body’s ability to burn fat and improve skin quality.
6. Wrinkle Creams: – A great way to preserve the skin is to hydrate and moisturizer the skin.
This also protects the skin from free radical damage. Make sure it has high levels of effective ingredients like retinol or peptides that work to reverse the aging process and reduce wrinkles.
There are plenty of wrinkles creams on the market but make sure you buy a wrinkle cream that stimulates collagen. Many drug store and popular brands have collagen in their wrinkle creams.
However, the collagen molecules are so large it cannot be absorbed through the skin which makes it useless. You can have a wrinkle cream made with 100% collagen but it will do no good.
Make sure you buy a wrinkle cream that is an anti-aging cream and daily moisturizer works with your body’s natural ability to accelerate your skin’s renewal process on the cellular level by stimulating the natural production of collagen
7. Exercise: Health experts say regular exercise can play a big role in how young and how healthy your skin looks and feels. Exercise increases circulation and delivery of nutrients to skin cells, taking away potentially damaging toxins.
Another benefit of exercise is that it gives skin the optimum conditions for making collagen, the support fibers that help keep wrinkles and lines at bay.
But perhaps the most dramatic effects of exercise are on acne-prone skin. Doctors say working out provides many benefits that can help clear the skin. Regular exercise also increases sweating, which in turn can unclog pores and have a positive effect on breakouts
8. Drink less alcohol: Too much alcohol ages the skin as it is has an inflammatory and dehydrating action which accelerates skin aging. Excess alcohol also blocks the absorption of key nutrients you need for antioxidant protection making the aging effect even worse.
9. Stress less: Stress definitely triggers or aggravates skin conditions such as acne, hives, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, warts, cold sores and blisters.
Stress is one of the chief contributors to an increased population of free radicals in the body, which, in turn, has been discovered to be a major cause of premature aging. Emotional or mental trauma can cause you to screw up your face or frown or pout, and constant muscular contractions can eventually become permanent fine lines and wrinkles.
10. Drink more water: Without sufficient water your skin will dehydrate and essential anti aging nutrients cannot be delivered to your system. If you want to look younger you need to make sure water is an essential part of your anti aging regimen with at least 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.